Nutritious Vegetarian Stir- Fry
Here’s a quick recipe for vegetarian stir-fry that’s perfect for a fiber-filled, meatless meal. There’s no need to even serve it over a pile of traditional rice – simply add extra veggies or shredded cauliflower and enjoy!
- 2 (12oz) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts, or almonds
- 2 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon crushed fresh ginger
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (16oz) bag frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup stir-fry sauce
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
Lightly coat the cubed tofu with coconut flour.
In a medium bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons of the peanuts, the sesame seeds, ginger and red pepper. Add in tofu and toss gently.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Cook the tofu mixture for 4 minutes, stirring gently, until the sesame seeds are toasted and the tofu begins to turn golden brown.
Remove the tofu from the skillet and set aside. Add the frozen vegetables to the pan and cook for 4 minutes, stirring often until they are heated through.
Add the stir-fry sauce and cook until the vegetable mixture sizzles. Mix the tofu back in and top with the remaining peanuts and sliced scallions. Serve hot.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 229 calories, 9g fat, 490mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 13g protein