Creamy Low Fat Tuna Salad
By swapping out the mayonnaise for fat free Greek yogurt, this recipe for tuna salad gives you all the creaminess without the added calories. Serve on a bed of lettuce for a delicious and low-carb lunch.
- 4 (5oz) cans wild albacore tuna, packed in water
- 2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 4 Tablespoons champagne mustard
- 2 teaspoon dried dill weed, plus more for garnish
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- 2 green apple, shredded
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 8 cups organic mixed greens
Drain the tuna and flake in a medium bowl.
Add the yogurt, mustard, dill and pepper to the bowl and mix until creamy and well combined.
Add the shredded apple and cabbage. Mix well.
Arrange mixed greens on plates, and then use an ice cream scooper to place the tuna mixture. Sprinkle with dill weed.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 140 calories, 1 fat, 210mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 20g protein.