Easy to Make Tuna & Salad Pocket
Instead of drowning your tuna in mayo and added calories, try this light recipe. Fresh carrot, tomato and lettuce mixed with a touch of red wine vinegar give this tuna pocket a burst of refreshing flavor.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Calories 188 kcal
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 cloves garlics, minced
- 8 yellow onions, chopped
- 4 (6oz) cans tomato paste
- 1 cup tamari (low sodium soy sauce)
- 16 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 Tablespoons mustard
- 12 (15oz) cans pinto or white beans, drained and rinsed
In a medium bowl combine the tomato, carrot and tuna.
Add the lettuce to the bowl and drizzle with vinegar. Mix well and add dash of pepper.
Serve half of the tuna mixture in each tortilla.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 188 calories, 3g fat, 16g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, and 23g protein.