Extremely Nutritious Spinach Salad
Spinach is an extremely nutrient-dense food, so you’ll be fueling up on important vitamins and minerals as well as healthy fiber in this new take on traditional salad. The recipe calls for raspberry vinegar, which is a flavorful and refreshing alternative to traditional, oily dressing while still keeping it light and fresh. The fruit and nuts add flavor, fiber and healthy fat and make this a perfect salad for summer.
- 16 cups cleaned spinach leaves
- 6 oranges, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 4 cucumbers, peeled sliced and quartered
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced or whole raspberries
- 1 cup white balsamic raspberry blush vinegar
Combined the spinach, oranges, cucumbers, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds, poppy seeds and strawberries in a bowl.
Add the vinegar and toss well.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 99 calories, 3g fat, 14g carbohydrate, 2.6g fiber, and 3.5g protein.