Healthy & Delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Here's a simple, delicious dinner that your whole family will love. It brings all the great flavor of taco night while still keeping your healthy eating on track.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 hours
Total Time 5 hours 15 minutes
Calories 202 kcal
- 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (4oz) can green chiles, chopped (I use mild!)
- 2 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (16oz) jar green salsa
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- 2 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Large lettuce leaves
- Avocado, sliced
Combine all of the ingredients, except the lettuce leaves and avocado, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
Remove the chicken thighs, shred with a fork, and mix back in.
Serve, using a slotted spoon, on the lettuce leaves. Garnish with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of fajita seasoning. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 202 calories, 6g fat, 589mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 20g protein.