Healthy & Delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (4oz) can green chiles, chopped (I use mild!)
- 2 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (16oz) jar green salsa
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- 2 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Large lettuce leaves
- Avocado, sliced
Combine all of the ingredients, except the lettuce leaves and avocado, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
Remove the chicken thighs, shred with a fork, and mix back in.
Serve, using a slotted spoon, on the lettuce leaves. Garnish with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of fajita seasoning. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 202 calories, 6g fat, 589mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 20g protein.