Healthy Easy to Make Turkey & Veggie Soup
This soup has everything going for it with its light broth base and no added carbohydrates. Filled with lean ground turkey, this simple recipe will hit the spot and leave leftovers for everyone to enjoy.
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 bunch of carrots, chopped
- 1 onions, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of celery
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- 2/3 lbs lean ground turkey
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 (14.5oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 (15oz) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ears of corn, kernels sliced off
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoons dried basil
- dash of salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add garlic.
Add chopped carrots, cover for 5 minutes.
Add onions, celery and fennel, sautéing until soft.
In a separate skillet cook the ground turkey over medium heat until fully cooked, stirring often. Drain off excess fat.
Transfer the veggies to a large soup pot and add the remaining ingredients and cooked turkey.
Cover and cook on low heat for 40 minutes. Add extra water as desired.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 119 calories, 1 fat, 336mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 15g protein.