Healthy and Simple Tuna Salad
Here's a light version of tuna salad that cuts out high-calorie mayonnaise and adds chopped fruit and vegetables to liven up the flavor. This is a great recipe to whip up and enjoy for lunch .You can have it on lettuce wraps, scooped in an avocado half or on its own- the possibilities are endless.
- 2 green apple, chopped
- 4 green onions, tops only, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 cans albacore tuna, in drained
- 2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl and serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 222 calories, 16g fat, 9g carbohydrate, 194g fiber, and 14g protein.