Healthy & Tasty Santa Fe Salmon Salad
The flavors created from the grilled salmon and crisp greens make this salad worth repeating. There’s no need to add dressing with the tastes of tender corn and peppers, sprinkles of cheese and a few slices of avocado bursting through.
- 4 (3.5 oz) salmon fillets
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup low fat cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup canned red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Santa Fe seasoning blend (2 teaspoons cumin, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/8 teaspoon clove, 1/8 teaspoon allspice, 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
Coat the salmon fillets with pre-mixed Santa Fe seasoning.
On a pre-heated grill, cook for 8-10 minutes on each side, until flaky and cooked all the way through. Remove from heat.
On 2 plates arrange a bed of lettuce, topped with half of the tomato, corn, cheese, peppers and avocado. Place the fillet on top.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 252 calories, 12 fat, 225mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 24g protein.