Healthy Perfect & Quick Winter Hash
This healthy hash recipe is the perfect quick meal for a cold winter day. It has the flexibility to be made as a vegetarian dish or with chicken, and is bursting with tender veggies and protein. Serve it with a salad for a healthy and filling meal.
- 4 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed (or 1 package firm tofu, drained and cubed)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 can lowfat chili Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl combine all of the vegetables and chicken. Drizzle the olive oil and mix to coat. Add the thyme, salt and garlic powder.
Spread the mixture on a baking sheet, and cover well with foil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
Remove the foil and turn on the broiler. Broil until the vegetables are nicely browned, about 8 minutes.
Top each serving with a scoop of warmed chili.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 230 calories, 4g fat, 28g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 20g protein.