Homemade BBQ Meatballs
These BBQ meatballs are a great twist on classic meatballs by using your own homemade sauce for a new and refreshing flavor. They work great as a power snack or as a meal on top of a pile of greens and veggies.
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup flax meal
- 3/4 cup onion, finely minced
- 3 Tablespoons coconut milk, canned, full fat
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 18 oz ground cooked ham
- 18 oz ground raw pork
- 1/2 cup coconut crystals
- 1 cup organic, no-sugar-added ketchup
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
In a large bowl combine eggs, almond flour, flax meal, onion, coconut milk, Dijon, and pepper.
Add ground ham and ground pork; mix well. Shape into 18 balls, using about 1/4 cup mixture for each ball. Place meatballs in a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
In a bowl combine coconut crystals, ketchup, vinegar, and Dijon. Stir until the coconut crystals dissolve. Pour a spoonful over each meatball.
Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until done.
Nutritional Analysis: One meatball equals: 122 calories, 7g fat, 293mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 9g protein