Lean Cranberry Chicken Salad
Making a lean and clean meal, like this chicken salad, that is high in protein and fiber for lunch is a great way to keep you working towards your fat loss goals. This twist on classic chicken salad adds cranberry for a touch of sweetness and gives a good crunch from the pistachios and lettuce leaves.
- 8 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 2 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoon roasted pepitas
- 6 Tablespoons coconut milk, canned and full fat
- 2 teaspoon dried, ground sage
- 6 Tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Head of Romaine lettuce
Mix all of the ingredients, except the lettuce, in a bowl.
Serve by spooning the chicken salad in large Romaine lettuce leaves.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 221 calories, 9 fat, 123mg sodium, 10g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, and 23g protein.