Low Carb South-Of-The-Border Chicken & Rice Soup
A bowl of this homemade soup is a great slow cooker meal to enjoy during the holidays. It's low carb and filled with protein and veggies to power your day and curb your cravings, while you giving you a warm and hearty meal.
- 4 organic, free range chicken breasts
- 2 (28oz) can diced, fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 (4oz) can green chiles, chopped
- 2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 head cauliflower, shredded
- 64 oz organic, free range chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- dash of sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 avocados
- Tajin seasoning for garnish
Combine all of the ingredients, except the cilantro, avocado and tajin, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred with a fork before returning to the slow cooker.
Garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of cilantro, a few slices of avocado and a dash of tajin.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 153 calories, 6g fat, 321mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 10g protein.