Protein Packed Baked Veggie and Chicken Skewers
These baked chicken skewers give you a great dinner recipe full of protein and fiber without sacrificing taste. Use the leftovers to pack without the skewers for a filling and delicious lunch
- 30 bamboo skewers, cut in half
- 2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 cup filtered water
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 6 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoon minced ginger root
- 2 lb organic chicken breast tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 orange bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
Soak the bamboo skewers in water for an hour.
Combine all of the ingredients, except the bell peppers, in large Ziploc bag. Marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Thread the chicken pieces, alternating with bell pepper pieces, on the skewers.
Line on a lightly greased pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 103 calories, 2g fat, 130mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 14g protein