Protein Packed Cranberry Quinoa Mini Muffins
These mini muffins are made from whole wheat flour and wholesome cooked quinoa making them packed with protein and fiber. Mixed with almonds and cranberries, they make for a delicious treat that can be made in bulk and packed for a snack throughout the week.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup organic turbinado raw cane sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/8 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Zest from 1 small lemon
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground sea salt
Preheat the oven to 370 degrees F. Place 6 muffins liners in a muffin pan and set the muffin pan somewhere.
In a medium/small sized bowl combine the rice, flaxseed, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, oil, almond and lemon zest.
In another bowl, combine the flour, ground almond, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cardamom.
Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones and fold in the cooked quinoa and chopped cranberries.
Use an ice cream scooper or a larger spoon to fill each muffin liner 3/4 full. Sprinkle the turbinado raw cane sugar on top of each muffin.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 55 calories, 2.5g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 1g protein.