Quick and Easy Chicken Quinoa Stir Fry
This simple, wholesome meal is a perfect option for busy weeknights since it is ready in only 30 minutes. There’s no reason for take-out when you have this quick and delicious recipe on hand. Making smart eating choices, such as this one, and exercising regularly will get you to your goal weight.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ear of corn, kernels cut from cob
- Handful of asparagus stalks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups baked chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 2 can of organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- splash of lemon juice
- splash of lime juice
- dash of salt and pepper
- splash of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
Cook the quinoa and set it aside.
Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
Add the chopped bell peppers, corn and asparagus; cook until the vegetables are tender.
Add the chicken and beans and cook for another 10 minutes while adding the rest of the flavoring ingredients.
Place a serving of quinoa on each plate and top it with the vegetable mix.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 293 calories, 5g fat, 32g carbohydrate, 4.6g fiber, and 29.4g protein.