Quick/Easy Chicken and Veggie Dinner
This one pot meal works well when you are low on time but want a hearty and healthy dinner. In about 30 minutes you’ll have a chicken and veggie dinner that is full of fiber and protein while low in carbs and doesn’t sacrifice the flavor.
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 pound organic chicken breast tenders
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon crushed rosemary plus a dash more
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika plus a dash more
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme plus a dash more
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- pinch of ground cumin
- 6 organic zucchini, cut into half moons
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 2 yellow onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
In a large skillet heat 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat. Add the cubed butternut squash and sauté, covered, for about five minutes, until tender.
Transfer the squash to a bowl, and then set the skillet back on medium heat.
Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add to the hot skillet. Sear for about 5 minutes, until browned on all sides.
Turn the heat down to medium-low. Sprinkle with all the seasonings.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
Add the butternut squash back into the pot for the remaining 5 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis: 192 calories, 6g fat, 424mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 20g protein