Tasty Mango, Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry
Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to eat the same things over and over. This stir fry recipe combines chicken, veggies and mangos in one bowl for a new flavor that’s slightly sweet while fulfilling your fiber and protein needs.
- 1/2-pound organic, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 carrots, cut in half and then into 2 inch segments
- 1 head baby bok choy, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (divided)
- 1 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 Tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1/2 Tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 ripe, organic mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
Rinse the chicken and cut into 1 inch cubes.
Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions, sauté for about 10 minutes, until soft.
Add the broccoli, carrots and chicken and cook an additional 10 minutes. Add the bok choy and zucchini. After 5 minutes add 1/4 cup of chicken broth, cover, and cook an additional 10 minutes.
In a small bowl combine the remaining 3/4 cup chicken broth, arrowroot, sesame oil, vinegar and coconut aminos. Add the seasoned mixture to the skillet, along with the chopped mango, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (without rice) equals: 243 calories, 11g fat, 675mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 19g protein