Tooth Craving Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake
This upside down cake makes a delicious treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. The recipe calls for real and wholesome ingredients that will provide you with energy to get through long afternoons.
- 1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 cup coconut crystals
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 organic apples, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/6 cup coconut flour
- 1/6 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup, grade B
- 1/8 cup organic, full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease in a 4×4 pan with coconut oil or with pam.
Creating Caramel Topping: In a small bowl combine the melted coconut oil, coconut crystals and cinnamon. Pour into the prepared pan. Evenly sprinkle the chopped apples over the caramel.
In a small bowl combine the coconut flour, almond flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
In another small bowl combine the eggs, vanilla, syrup, and coconut milk. Blend well.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, and then slowly mix in the melted coconut oil.
Carefully spread the cake batter over the apples and caramel in the pan.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
Loosen the edges of the cake with a knife. Invert the cake by placing a plate over the top of the pan and then flipping it over.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 105 calories, 7g fat, 44mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 3g protein