Wild Rice, Chicken and Veggie Bowl
This refreshing new take on chicken combines chicken breast with delicious veggies coated in a savory sauce, and served over wild rice. Since it only takes about 20 minutes to make, it works great as a weekday meal.
- 4 cups wild rice, cooked
- 2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 sweet potato, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 Tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tablespoons mirin (rice cooking wine)
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cups green beans, chopped
- 8 cups chicken breast, cooked and cubed
In a large saucepan place the sesame oil over medium heat.
Add the sweet potato, onion, mushroom, ginger and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl combine the mirin, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, cornstarch and red pepper. Set aside to use as sauce mixture.
Add the green beans and chicken into the pan and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Pour the soy sauce mixture in and mix until fully incorporated. Cook for another 3 minutes.
Serve over wild rice.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 299 calories, 8g fat, 23g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 33g protein.