Delicious Protein Packed Beef and Broccoli Dinner
This beef and broccoli recipe has the perfect combination of fiber and protein for a delicious weeknight meal. It brings together all your favorite flavors from this Chinese restaurant classic without derailing your healthy eating.
- 1 1/3 cup coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup, grade b
- 6 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 4 Tablespoon Olive oil, divided
- 2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 8 cups organic broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 3 lbs grass-fed flank, skirt or minute steak, cut into very thin strips
In a medium bowl combine the coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, water, syrup and arrowroot. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, on high, in a large skillet or wok. Add the green onions and broccoli. Sauté them for 5 minutes, then remove from skillet.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir-fry the steak until almost done, about 4 minutes.
Return the veggies to the skillet and add the sauce. Heat until the sauce boils and thickens, about 3 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Nutritional Analysis: 371 calories, 14g fat, 684mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 34g protein