Easy to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Breast
Slow cooker recipes are an easy way to make sure you get a healthy dinner during the week. This chicken breast comes out so tender that it literally falls apart and pairs perfectly with the added vegetables - it's delicious.
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 lbs organic, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 24 dried figs, chopped
- 2 cup butternut squash, chopped
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 Tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
In a large skillet place the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper then add to the skillet, browning each side for about 5 minutes.
Transfer the contents of the skillet to your slow cooker and top with the remaining ingredients.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 389 calories, 7g fat, 400mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 48g protein