Refreshing Healthy Milanese Steak Grill
There’s nothing better than enjoying a delicious cut of lean steak off the grill. Combined with a light and refreshing wine sauce, this recipe is sure to get you in the summer mood. Add a side of steamed veggies and brown rice for a balanced and healthy meal.
- 2 lb. boneless beef top round steak, 3/4 inch thick, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Heat grill. Lightly sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper.
When ready to grill, place steak on gas grill over medium heat or on a charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook for 8 to 11 minutes until desired doneness, turning once.
Meanwhile, on rimmed platter or in shallow baking dish, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
Place hot grilled steak in sauce mixture. Cut steak diagonally across grain into slices. Coat each slice with sauce mixture before placing on individual plates. Spoon any remaining sauce over steak slices.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 150 calories, 4g fat, 2g carbohydrates and 24g protein.