Refreshing Spinach, Mango, and Red Quinoa Salad with Chicken
This refreshing salad mix blends crisp baby spinach with sweet mango, tender chicken and a sprinkle of red quinoa. Complete with your veggies, protein and wholegrain, this salad is a great balanced meal.
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 small carrot, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup ripe mango, diced
- 2 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 4 Tablespoons lowfat salad dressing (Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing)
Cook the quinoa in a medium saucepan, bringing to a boil. Reduce to low heat, cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed.
While the quinoa is cooking, shred and dice your other ingredients.
Place the spinach, carrot, onion, quinoa, mango, and chicken in a medium bowl. Toss with dressing.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 248 calories, 4.7g fat, 301mg sodium, 25.5g carbohydrate, 3.4g fiber, and 25.5g protein.